Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner
Ero-advertising

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If The Shoe Fits...

oxfordshoes

I've had a few questions about my Forever21 oxford heels, so I thought I'd pass along the link to the shoes and a quick review as well.

I had been looking for a cute pair of high-heeled oxfords and had found a few but they were a bit out of my price range AKA they weren't free. So what do you do in a moment of cheap dispair? You turn to Forever21, that's what you do. Within minutes, I found
this pair and immediately ordered them. I'm dangerous like that. Then the fear set in -- will they fit me? Will they look too cheap? Who am I? Why am I here? I tucked away the existential questions for another day and waited for my shoes to arrive. As I've complained explained before I have a big foot that ranges from size 10 to size 11. One time I got my foot into a 9 1/2 and I'm actually surprised its not still there. I'd never ordered shoes from Forever21 before and let's be honest, ordering shoes online can sometimes be risky. (Thank God for ratings and reviews though).

A week later my shoes arrived. My nerves were calmed when I slipped them right on. They fit like a glove, perhaps a glove that fits really snug around the tops of my feet but I'll take it. They still fit. And you know what they say?

If the shoe fits, wear it, review it and blog about it.

What: Forever21 Bianca Vintage Booties
Price: $23.80
True to size? Because of the style of the shoe, I would go up about a 1/2 size for comfort reasons, but it fits pretty close to size.
Available now? Yes! Find it here.
Comfortable? It depends on how you define comfort. If you think comfortable is a pair of new tennis shoes, then no they are not comfortable. If you find walking on stilts comfortable, then yes these shoes are way better than stilts.

The Good: Price -- a great value for such a trendy piece. I didn't want to spend too much so the price was just right for me.
The Bad: Needless to say, the shoes are not made from real leather. The don't exactly look cheap, but they definitily don't look expensive. If you are looking for something with a bit more quality, check out this pair or this one.
The Ugly: The height and thickness of the heel. Unless you are a trained professional high-heeled walker (as I am) then you might struggle a bit with these. The heel tip is about a 1/4 of an inch think and things could get tricky if you need to get somewhere fast. There isn't much forgiveness with these shoes, by the end of the day your knees will not be speaking to you anymore.

Overall: 3 out of 5 -- for the price of the shoe, you can't beat it. I will definitely get my $24 worth this spring.

So there you have it. My first review. If you would like me to review something you've seen me wear, just send me an email and I'd be happy to share my thoughts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive